Post n°8


A subject I enjoy studying

During the second semester of my second year at university I had a subject called “Contemporary Political Ideas and Debates”. It was I enjoyed most academically so far because it taught us about different political positions and facts of the past that have formed the current power relations and a base part of history.

Personally it allowed me to understand even more why people choose to believe in something or defend their ideals. I was able to understand different ideologies, empathize and recognize characteristics of certain movements that have been maintained throughout history such as feminism, which also includes different points of views within the same women. In the classroom, there were different instance of dialogue and discussion that teacher motivated but all within an atmosphere of respect between colleagues.

There I could see again that not all of us are equal, that not all of us think the same thing and that everything is valid (except a conduct of violence and intolerance). I certainly enjoyed and learned quite a lot. I took on more love of theoretical knowledge about politics and in a way I grew more.

Because you need to know to have an opinion.

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 6, postgraduate studies

Blog n°2: My favorite vacation or concert